This slaw has a fabulous, bright flavor for winter. Don requested that I add anchovy paste the next time. That would make it much richer tasting, so it might have to happen!
- 3 small to medium turnips, peeled and shredded (I used the processor)
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/2 - 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely shredded ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill weed
- Honey (optional)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large bowl mix together turnip, carrot, cilantro, and ginger.
- In a small bowl mix coconut milk (note: if your coconut milk is not thick, put one cup in a small pan and reduce it), vinegar, fish sauce, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss the coconut milk dressing with the turnip mixture.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. If the turnips aren't very sweet, drizzle slaw with honey and toss.