If you like hot artichoke dip, you’ll love this. It’s a lower calorie (and healthier) version. I found some great lentil crackers I served with it (actually it was supper for me!). You could serve it with whole grain pita or whole grain crackers also.
I skipped right over cooking with what’s on special this week, so here’s some pork loin menus to try:
And if you don’t like any of that, go to the Recipe page!
White Bean, Chile, and Artichoke Dip
- 15.5 oz can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed, and mashed or processed well
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 lb frozen artichoke hearts, cook according to pkg directions, drain, and chop*
- 7 oz green chilies (optional), drain if necessary
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or hot smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Other additions: chopped spinach, chopped olives, chopped cooked shrimp, or crabmeat (change the cheese to Swiss, if you use crab)
- *Locally HEB has excellent frozen artichoke hearts. I've used canned and even marinated and it stlll has great flavor.
- If you're a tuna person, it's really good mixed with this dip.