It was one of those days when I looked in the fridge and said, “What can I make?” And this is the recipe that happened. I’m not very fond of radishes, but they turn mild when cooked and this was delicious. However, if you’ve got some leftover asparagus because you took advantage of this week’s special on it, use that. An asparagus frittata with ham and swiss cheese would be amazing.
What’s in the Fridge Frittata
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 radishes, halved and sliced fairly thin
- Radish tops, rinsed, boiled for a couple minutes and drained
- 2 TBSP cooked black beans
- 2 TBSP cream cheese
- 1-2 TBSP blue cheese
- 2 extra large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Heat butter and oil in a small skillet on medium low heat.
- Add onion, radishes, radish tops, and black beans. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Place dabs of cream cheese around onion/radish/bean mixture.
- Sprinkle on blue cheese.
- Pour on eggs, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover and cook on low until the top is set.
- Run a knife around the edges and remove from pan. Cut into wedges.