When fruit isn’t getting eaten, I’m looking for ways to use it that’s not so “fruit-like.” Salsas have gotten my attention right now. They’re a perfect side for a main dish or an appetizer. I made this one for Dot, and she was crazy about it.
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 kiwi, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small cubes
- 2-4 TBSP chopped (seeded) cucumber (optional)
- 1 TBSP minced onion
- 1 TBSP chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno slice, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Cut the garlic clove in half, and rub the inside of a small mixing bowl with it.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.