If you’re still getting tomatoes, you need to try this. Angela does a great job on her recipes, and this is no exception. For happy hour, you might want to add a little vodka or gin!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups ice water
- Lemon wedges and herb sprigs for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Stir till the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool. This is your simple syrup.
- In a food processor, puree tomatoes. Strain through a sieve into a pitcher. Discard the pulp. Add to pitcher the simple syrup, lemon juice and water. Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge and herb sprig.