If you’re like me, you’re still using what you have in the garden. Something simple is perfect in this heat, and this is a light, delicious recipe to help you stay cool.
Tomato and Pepper Appetizers
- 2 (4.5 oz) cans tuna packed in olive oil, do not drain (or use chopped cooked shrimp or chicken)
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced artichoke hearts (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2-4 TBSP chopped black olives
- 2 TBSP capers
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Granulated garlic powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Tomato halves, seeds removed
- Small green pepper halves, seeds and veins removed
- Thin slices onion
- Mix together first 11 ingredients.
- Spoon into tomato and pepper halves.
- Place a couple strips of onion on each.
- Optional ingredients: smoked paprika, crushed walnuts, chopped pickled jalapeno