Don bought me an early Christmas gift, the Cuisinart 4-in-1 Multicooker (7 qt). My niece told me about it, and after they used them in some of the New Seasons Markets, the reviews were good. Of course, I had to try it! It’s a great cooker, and if you plan to purchase, don’t pay full price. Check it out in Chefs Catalog. My only objection is that it’s non-stick, and I’m doing my best to not use pans with non-stick coatings. But I have to say this cooker is pretty impressive. The first recipe I did was a version of one of the recipes in the booklet. However, you could do the same thing with a heavy dutch oven. I seared the meats, and sauteed the veggies in the cooker, then turned it on slow cook for 4 hours.
Three Pepper Chicken and Sausage
- 10-12 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 Italian sausages
- 1 large onion, cut in large pieces
- 1 large red pepper, cut in 1 1/2" pieces
- 3 large jalapenos, seeded and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1-1 1/2 cups (jarred) cherry peppers, seeded and / or whole pepperoncinis
- 1 cup ripe green olives
- Salt and pepper thighs on both sides.
- Heat oil in large pot or cooker. Sear thighs on both sides (about 6-8 minutes per side). Remove and reserve. Do the same thing with the sausages, then remove and reserve them.
- Add onion, red pepper, and jalapeño to pot. Cook until onion is limp.
- Deglaze with wine.
- Add garlic, thighs, sausages, peppers, and olives.
- (In a slow cooker), cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours, or until chicken is tender.