This past week I went to Taste of Thai in Temple again. I’ve been really hungry for Asian food, and I’ve been on kind of a burger thing, so this is what happens – Thai Turkey Burger. This is a really good burger, and ta-dah, they more than passed the “Don” burger test!
I almost didn’t add a picture, because really, if you’ve seen one burger, you’ve seen a burger!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 TBSP grated onion
- 1 TBSP grated fresh ginger
- 1 TBSP quick cooking oats
- 1 TBSP coconut milk (freeze the rest if you're not going to use it soon)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or sriracha hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Mix all ingredients, and form patties. I usually make 3 patties out of one pound.
- Heat oil in skillet. Fry burgers until completely cooked.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato, and onion. I'm not a mayo fan, but it's really the condiment of choice for this burger (with a little sriracha and maybe fish sauce in it).