The ways to use leftover turkey are endless. There’s turkey salad of course, and soup. Try using your leftover turkey in these recipes also (just click on the links):
- Fried Rice – instead of chicken, use turkey
- Frittata – instead of pork and potatoes, use turkey, crumbled bacon, and a leftover vegetable like green beans
- Quesadilla – instead of shrimp, use turkey and add some chopped onion and maybe crumbled bacon
- Nutty Chicken Salad – use turkey, and add some chopped celery if you want a fresh vege taste
- Enchiladas – use turkey instead of pork with beans, green onion instead of regular onion, and add chopped black olives
- Croquettes – finely chop the turkey and mix with mashed potatoes or breadcrumbs (or both), chopped green onion, seasonings (i.e., onion powder, garlic powder, salt), a little mayonnaise, and an egg. Form patties, coat the outside in panko breadcrumbs and fry in a little oil in a skillet.
- If you had smoked turkey – for soup, mix leftover meat with broth, diced potatoes, picante, and black beans.
- For a simple pot pie, saute chopped onions and diced potatoes until cooked, pour in leftover gravy or use a good cream soup (I have a Pacific brand I use), and add frozen peas and carrots. Put in greased individual bowls and top with a piece of (defrosted) frozen puff pastry, then bake.