This soup was a big hit, and you can really take it in a lot of different directions. You’ll have leftovers, but you’ll want them.
Sweet Potato Soup (Cooking for One)
- 2 TBSP butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 TBSP minced fresh ginger
- 1 large sweet potato, baked until done and skin removed when cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, all natural
- 3 cups broth, chicken or beef
- 1 cup cream or coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Toasted pepitas or pumpkin seeds
- Crumbled blue cheese or feta
- Place butter and bacon in a medium saucepan and cook until bacon is almost crisp.
- Add celery, onion, and ginger. Cook until onions translucent.
- Mash or cut up the potato and add to pan, along with peanut butter, and broth.
- Stir together and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, and purée in blender (put lid on and cover lid with a kitchen towel) or use immersion blender (stick) to purée.
- Adjust liquid to make as thick as you like, reheat if necessary.
- Place garnishes on top and dig in!