My brother and I have a disagreement over whether the Pumpkin Pie with Cream Topping or the Sweet Potato Pie is better. For me, I just love the Sweet Potato.
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes (bake fresh sweet potatoes and peel)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 tsp butter flavor
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 (14-oz) can condensed milk
- 1 TBSP coconut flour or 2 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (10”) pie shell, for previous recipe click here
- Heat oven to 425°.
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree cooked sweet potatoes.
- Then mix in sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Process until creamy.
- Mix in vanilla, butter flavor, eggs, and condensed milk.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients.
- Pour into chilled pie shell.
- Bake 425 for 15 min. Lower temp to 325 and bake about 40 min. longer (center will be a little jiggly!).