A dear friend of mine gave me this recipe 30 years ago. These are still the best muffins, especially for the holidays. Sweet Potato Muffins are delicious for breakfast or as a side or even a light dessert.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 16 oz can of sweet potatoes, drained well and mashed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins
- 1/4 cup pecans, crushed
- There's no eggs, it's not a mistake
- Heat oven to 400°.
- In the bowl of a mixer cream together butter and sugar.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the sweet potato mixture.
- Gently stir in the raisins and pecans.
- Portion the batter into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of each muffin before baking.
- Bake for about 25 min.