It seems like I can’t catch up on what I want to post before Thanksgiving. I at least need to get in a few more recipes. Sweet Potato Apple Bake has been a favorite for a number of years now.
- 2 peeled and cored apples
- 2 peeled sweet potatoes
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- 1/2 cup broken pecans (pecan pieces)
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Set oven on 350. Generously butter a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- In a food processor, thinly slice apples and sweet potatoes.
- Layer apples and potatoes in the buttered baking pan.
- Sprinkle on cranberries and pecans.
- Mix together juice of oranges, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt and pour over sweet potato and apples.
- Dot the whole thing with butter.
- Cover and bake about 45-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender when tested with a fork.