For a morning treat, scramble some eggs, put them in a tortilla, top them with Sunshine’s Mexican flavored goat cheese (and bacon, if you like). Serve the Tomato Potato Salad on the side. For information about the goat cheese, click here.
If you don’t want to prepare the cactus pads yourself, buy a bag of fresh prepared cactus (boil it and then saute), or use the jarred variety (and just saute it). It’s a great way to get lots of flavor and extra veggies with your meal.
Summer Tomato Potato Salad
This is a delicious side for any meal. It's really amazing as a side with eggs.
- 1 cup cooked cubed potato
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sauteed cactus*
- 1-2 tsp chopped jalapeno
- Drizzle garlic flavored extra virgin olive oil
- Baby arugula (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Serve with arugula and cilantro.
- *For instructions on preparation and sauteing cactus, click here