We love cool summer dishes, and definitely meals that we can make, using the stove as little as possible. This is a great light meal for a hot summer day.
Summer Green Bean, Tuna Salad
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 (4.5 - 5 oz) container of tuna packed in extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked petite green beans
- 1-2 TBSP capers and / or olives
- Sliced onion (optional)
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- Cider vinegar
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 fried egg, or 1 sliced hard boiled egg
- Mix together rice, tuna with oil, green beans, capers, onion, and mustard.
- Drizzle with vinegar, and toss well. Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Lay avocado slices and egg on top.
- Serve cool, except for the fried egg.
- It's a big salad, so you might have leftovers!