I was looking for a good, lower calorie lunch, and this recipe happened. I love tuna salad, and I find lots of ways to make it, and use it. For this recipe, you could easily make the tuna with mayonnaise, or melt cheese on top, if you’re looking for something a little richer. To keep tuna salad from “weeping” (when tuna, chicken, ham salad get a little watery), I used to add a little instant oatmeal, but chia seeds work really well, and make it much more nutrient dense.
Stuffed Sweet Potato (Cooking for One)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 (4.5 oz) can tuna packed in olive oil, undrained
- Sliced almonds, crushed walnuts, and/or crushed pecans
- Chopped lemon balm or use some lemon zest
- Chopped mint
- Chopped cilantro
- Dash of fish sauce
- Lime juice
- Bake sweet potato in skin until done.
- Mix tuna and the rest of the ingredients.
- Split potato open, and serve tuna on potato. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil if needed.
- Other additions to tuna salad, could be: mayonnaise, unsweetened coconut cream, grated ginger, or grated cheese.