We have no more squash right now, until the new plants start producing. This is what I did with the last couple.
Squash and Potato Casserole
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 small squash, seeds removed and very thinly sliced (I used the processor)
- 2 medium potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary, or to taste
- Frankly Delicious seasoning
- Granulated garlic powder
- 1 cup cream
- Chicken broth
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan. Heat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan and add onion. Cook until almost translucent and stir in garlic. Continue cooking until onion is translucent. Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
- Layer the squash, potatoes, and sauted onions in prepared baking pan, sprinkling layers with rosemary and seasonings.
- Pour cream in pan, then pour broth in to just come to the top of the squash and potatoes.
- Bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours until potatoes are done, and slightly brown.