I’m looking for more ways to work with squash this year, and this is my new favorite. It’s quick and delicious. Our squash crop is doing really nicely. I’ve actually had enough to share already, Of course it’s at a price. We have to go out every evening and pick bugs and eggs off the plants.
This is a great side dish, but it would be easy for me to make a meal out of it. Wrap it in a tortilla or build a sandwich.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 TBSP rice flour
- 1 tsp Frankly Delicious all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or chipotle powder
- 4 medium yellow squash, grated and drained (I used the large grater on the processor)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Butter a large baking pan well. You need sides on the pan.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the squash) well. Stir in the grated squash.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan. It should be just a thin layer.
- Bake about 40 minutes.
- Cut in pieces or scoop out.
- The squash has some texture remaining.
- Of course, crumbled bacon is a good addition to this recipe.
- Note: To drain the squash, just leave it in a strainer for about 1/2 hr to let some of the water in the squash drain. Then squeeze it a little before putting it in the mixture.