I harvested our first Italian squash this week. We’re hoping we get some amount of production this year. The garden seems to be in slow motion. We’ve picked a few cucumbers, some cherry tomatoes, a few Italian green beans, and one squash.
This is a delicious summer side, or I used it as a topping for fish tacos. The goat cheese is from Chicktown Cheese, 254-289-9407 (Sunshine).
Squash and Goat Cheese Salad
- Squash, seeds removed, cut into bite size chunks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Mexican flavored goat cheese
- Heat oven to 375°
- Place squash in a baking dish. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with seasoning and salt and pepper. Toss it all together and spread in single layer in the baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until slightly cooked.
- Cool and toss with cheese and more seasoning, if needed.