Skip to content
- 5-8 cups baby spinach, cleaned
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil or lard
- 1/3 cup cooked, diced bacon
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Thumb-size piece of ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 TBSP halved Kalamata olives
- 2 TBSP chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked beets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 TBSP fig or balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- Feta or ricotta crumbles
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add bacon, onion, and ginger. Cook about 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add garlic and anchovy paste, and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and parsley. Cook until tomatoes start to break down.
- Add beets, vinegar, soy, and pepper. Cook until beets are heated through.
- Pour beet mixture over spinach and toss.
- Serve topped with cheese crumbles.