In our house, we love all things pork. Luckily, pork is often on special at the grocery store. Southwest Pork Loin is all the Tex-Mex flavors that are our favorites. Loin, butt, shoulder, and country rib cuts all work in this recipe.
Just a reminder that when posts are no longer on the home page, they are archived under one of the main tabs at the top of the home page. So you’ll be able to find this recipe, if you go to the home page and click on “Recipes.”
Southwest Pork Loin (Slow Cooker)
If you have leftovers, click here for a frittata recipe.
- 3-4 lbs pork loin
- 6-8 potatoes, cleaned (if small, leave whole)
- 2 1/2 cups picante sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker, cover, and cook on high for 5-6 hours until pork is tender.
- Serve with a side of squash or a salad.