If you want an easy, delicious, elegant shrimp dish, this is it. I really just wanted butter, but Don’s a sauce person. This recipe is a compromise.
Shrimp with Mustard Cream
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned and patted dry
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup cream
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, oil, and garlic. Set in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a skillet on medium high. Add butter.
- Toss in shrimp and stir. When the shrimp is almost done cooking, add cream, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Combine and heat through, until shrimp are done.
- Serve with noodles, rice, or garlic bread. I had mine on sautéed swiss chard.