Recently, I managed to recreate a recipe that’s a favorite at the lodge. I thought they’d be excited – I was wrong. I realized they didn’t want me to make Shrimp Slaw. They want to bring it from the coast. And there you go! So, I hope you enjoy this slaw as much as we do. It will be a regular dish in our home. Use it as a side, or a main dish served on lettuce.
- 1 lb chopped not shredded cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 bunch chopped green onion ( including green tops)
- Half jalapeño, seeded
- 1 -2 lb cooked small shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 TBSP lemon juice, rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 3 TBSP prepared horseradish (less if strong)
- ½-1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sugar, or little seasoned rice vinegar
- There's a couple things I did to make this a quick and easy recipe, in addition to being incredibly delicious. First I used cabbage prepackaged for slaw. Then I put the cabbage, bell pepper, green onion and jalapeño in the processor, and pulsed to produce a small chop.
- Combine veggies with shrimp.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Toss with salad.