One of our favorite leftover meals is quesadillas. When we have leftover meats, fish, seafood, or vegetables a lot of times they find their way into quesadillas. My favorite tortillas for this are Don Pancho® wholewheat tortillas. They are the perfect size and have great flexibility when they’re at room temperature. I use one tortilla, place all the ingredients on half of it, and fold it in half when I start to cook it. I used to make them using 2 tortillas, but it’s harder to manage the ingredients that way.
- Wholewheat tortilla
- Cream cheese, softened
- Shrimp with a little chipotle cream
- Avocado, thinly sliced
- Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, chopped
- 1 TBSP butter
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on 1/2 of the tortilla.
- Place shrimp with chipotle cream on top of the cream cheese (however many shrimp you want).
- Lay avocado slices over shrimp.
- Sprinkle monterey jack on top of shrimp.
- Sprinkle cilantro over cheese.
- Heat large skillet with butter.
- Place the half of the tortilla with the ingredients on the surface of the pan, leaving the other half sticking up. As soon as the tortilla starts to heat, fold the other half of the tortilla over the ingredients.
- Cook over medium until browned, flip and brown the other side.
- Serve with a salad.