This is probably my last recipe with Hatch Green Chile Tortilla Chips, maybe, for now at least! You could certainly use this dish as an appetizer or a main course.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Hatch Green Chile Tortilla Chips
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- Salt and pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or more)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 pound cooked crawfish meat, crab, smoked scallops, smoked oysters, or shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 350.
- Process together Parmesan and tortillas until fine crumbs form. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch greased springform pan.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil. Add onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, paprika, and cayenne until smooth. Add a little salt, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Beat in the cream. Stir in Swiss, sauteed vegetables, seafood, and parsley. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. This is good warm, room temperature, or cold.
- Keep refrigerated.
- It’s good served with chopped hard boiled eggs and chopped green onion.