I have to do at least one more radish and pea recipe. We don’t usually think about cooking radishes, but they’re delicious cooked (in butter!). The bite they often have disappears, and they are a great side for spring. The green tops on the radishes were so beautiful, I used them in this recipe also, but you don’t have to. Chopped asparagus would be a great addition. Might as well use a lot of the spring harvest.
Sauteed Radishes and Peas
- Greens from radish (tops)
- Sliced radishes
- Fresh green peas
- Salt and pepper
- Clean the green tops from the radishes well, and remove any long stems that might be tough. In a small saucepan, boil them for a few minutes. This will remove any bitterness. Drain and dry well.
- In a skillet, melt butter, and don't be stingy with the butter (it's your flavor). Add sliced radishes and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes.
- Add greens and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Add peas, salt, and pepper, and cook for another minute.
- That's it, simple and delicious.