I’ve done so many frittata recipes that I’ve decided to step-up my game, at least in vocabulary! Essentially, the Sausage and Potato Crustless Quiche is a frittata, but the French version (quiche) seems classier today. I don’t know how frittatas keep falling off my radar. They are delicious, quick, and easy. Start with scratch ingredients or use leftovers and it’s a great meal.
Sausage and Potato Crustless Quiche
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb spicy sausage
- 1 lb spinach
- 7-8 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- Leftover mashed potatoes or any cooked potato
- 4-6 oz shredded cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add sausage and cook. Break up the sausage and cook until browned.
- Scramble eggs with salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan cheese and set mixture aside.
- Add spinach to pan with spinach and wilt down.
- Lower heat and pour egg mixture over everything in pan.
- Put dollops of mashed potatoes everywhere!
- Cover pan.
- When egg is almost set, cover with shredded cheese. Cover pan again and wait until egg completely sets and cheese is melted.
For more Quiche, omelette, Frittata ideas, take a look at: What’s in the fridge Frittata, Hatch Burger Frittata, or Frittata (Cooking for One).