My nephew started making a delicious slaw, and perfect for summer. Even if you think it sounds a little strange, make it anyway!
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage or baby kale
- 1/3 cup diced Claussen pickles, seeds removed, or use baby kosher pickles
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Celery salt to taste
- 1/4 cup salsa, optional, but I like this addition
- Chipotle ranch dressing and regular ranch dressing*
- Drizzle of honey, optional
- Really, the specific amount of the ingredients are up to you.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients.
- Add dressing a little at a time, stirring well after each addition. Let the slaw sit in the fridge for about a 1/2 hour before you dress it completely, so it has time to wilt.
- Correct seasoning, and add salt and pepper, if needed. Then let sit in fridge for a couple hours before serving.
- *You want a spicy style ranch, and also regular ranch to cut the heat if needed.