Kathy made some awesome gluten free salmon patties, and decided to share the recipe. We always have canned salmon on hand, so salmon patties are one of my go-to pantry dinners. There’s nothing better than being able to shop for dinner in the pantry!
Salmon Patties (Gluten Free)
- 2 (14.75 oz) cans salmon (smoked or regular), clean skin and bones, if you like
- 1 large potato, baked and coarsely mashed
- 3 TBSP finely chopped red onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp dried parsley or dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 3-4 TBSP grapeseed or olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and baking powder, then add to salmon mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, on medium low.
- Form about 8 patties.
- Cook low and slow, until brown and crispy on each side.