When you don’t feel like defrosting anything or going to the grocery store, salmon croquettes are a great pantry meal. In addition to salmon, they’re delicious with tuna also. A green salad is a perfect side dish. Other good sides are Coleslaw or Cauliflower Potato Salad.
Salmon Croquettes (Cakes)
- 1 can ( 14-15 oz ) salmon, drained well
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs and more later for coating cakes
- 2 TBSP canola mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP capers (and little of the liquid)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 -4 TBSP canola oil
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP chopped onion
- 1 TBSP chopped dill pickle
- 2 tsp capers
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning (or other seafood or Cajun seasoning)
- In a large bowl, flake salmon and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well. If too dry add a little more mayonnaise, if too wet add a little more breadcrumbs.
- Form patties (cakes) using about 1/3 cupful of the mixture.
- Place some more breadcrumbs in a dish and coat both sides of each cake.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Fry cakes until golden brown on both sides. Serve with tartar sauce.
- Note: This recipe works well with tuna also.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.