Skip to content
- 2 cups chunky tomato sauce*
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp marjoram or herbes de provence
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced cooked chorizo or other sausage you prefer
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Combine tomatoes, stock, 4 torn basil leaves, garlic powder, marjoram, and paprika in a saucepan. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add red pepper and cream and heat to simmer again. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Serve with slices of chorizo, a drizzle of oil, and torn basil leaves (or baby basil leaves). For a heartier presentation add crumbled feta or dabs of chevre or Greek yogurt.
- Note: I put fresh tomatoes in the processor and processed them until they were sauce with very small chunks, but you could do the same thing with canned diced tomatoes.