Don said I can make this any time I’d like to! It’s really scrumptious.
Roasted Peruvian Chicken and Potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 1/2 TBSP kosher salt
- 6 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 TBSP pepper
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 chicken
- 4 potatoes, cut into thick slices
- Place all ingredients except chicken and potatoes in food processor. Process into paste.
- Carefully loosen skin on chicken breasts and thighs.
- Smear paste under skin, inside cavity, and all over the outside of the chicken. Cover and let set in fridge for 8 -24 hours.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 425. In a roasting pan, place chicken in vertical position, in center of pan. I used a foil form I created, but you could use a can.
- Toss potatoes with any leftover marinade and oil if necessary, to coat them. Scatter potatoes, in the roasting pan, around the chicken.
- Roast for about 75-90 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
- Remove from oven and rest it for about 15 minutes.
- I served it with a cilantro chimichurri sauce, but it's great just as it is.