Once in a while, I like to add plantains into our vegetable rotation. I used green plantains for this recipe, but riper ones would give you a sweeter flavor, and less “starchiness.”
- Butternut squash, seeded, peeled, and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2 green plantains, slice ends off, half, peel, cut into 1/2" chunks
- Dijon mustard, about 1 TBSP
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Granulated garlic powder
- All purpose seasoning (I used Frankly Delicious)
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Place veggies in a single layer, in a greased roasting pan.
- Roast for about 1 hour, or until fork tender.
- *With butternut, it's easier to split it in half lengthwise, take the seeds out, make half moon slices, then peel it.