New Years Day, Kim always fixes this cabbage and it’s delicious. Cook it a little more than what you see in the picture.
Roasted Cabbage and Jalapenos
- 1 large green cabbage
- Jalapenos, halved and seeds removed
- Butter, cut into pats
- Tony Chachere or other cajun seasoning
- Heat oven to 350°
- Core the cabbage, a little generously to create a cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with butter and jalapenos.
- Use a large piece of heavy foil, enough to mold around the outside of the cabbage, but leaving it open at the top. Grease the inside of the foil. Form the foil around the cabbage leaving the open (stuffed) end up, and leave the foil open around the cavity also.
- Place the foil wrapped cabbage in a baking pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cabbage is tender enough to your liking, but will still stay together when serving.
- To serve, remove from foil, cut into wedges, and sprinkle with seasoning.