The asparagus has started producing, and we’re getting at least 4 or 5 spears a day. I swear you could watch them grow. We love roasted asparagus, but this time I decided a salad would be even more delicious.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and ready to cook
- Zest of one lime
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped cilantro (mint and Thai basil are good additions)
- Sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 TBSP grated ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- Heat oven to 450.
- Place asparagus in baking pan, sprinkle with zest, salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil, and toss.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes. Turn occasionally.
- Let cool, then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Place all ingredients in jar and shake.
- Place asparagus and cilantro in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
- Other salad ideas: Serve asparagus on bed on baby lettuce and arugula. Toss asparagus with chicken or ham.