Still thinking about Thanksgiving and what to cook. I could cook this pie any time and my husband would be a happy man!
These pictures are of the pie I made in the bakery. I just rolled broken pecans into the crust and made a baked dough cut-out for the top. If you want to make it the same way, but don’t want to bother with the top decoration, just use a few whole pecans on top.
Pumpkin Pie with Cream Topping
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp butter flavor
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP coconut flour*
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (if it’s strong, only use 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (fresh ground)
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10”) pie shell (click here for previous recipe)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- Small jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla or something like Frangelica
- 1 TBSP coconut flour
- Heat oven to 425°.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat eggs slightly. Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Add evaporated milk, condensed milk, and vanilla and butter flavor. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, and next 6 ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture.
- When everything is mixed well, drizzle in the butter.
- Pour into chilled pie crust.
- Bake 425 for 15 min. Lower temp to 325 and bake about 40 min. longer (center will be a little jiggly!).
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Place on top of thoroughly chilled pie.
- *Remember coconut flour is going to help through holiday cooking especially. Go to Natural Grocers and get some. I also used it in the Carrot Cake that I published recently.