I decided to take a detour from our usual potato salad, and we were pretty happy with the results! The dressing is perfectly luscious and creamy.
Potato Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 9 medium gold potatoes
- 1 avocado, pitted and scooped from peel
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 cup green chile enchilada sauce
- 2 TBSP mayonnaise*
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander (optional)
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain and cut into small chunks, and place in large bowl.
- Using a food processor, combine avocado, cilantro, sauce, and mayonnaise. Pour this dressing mixture over the potatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Toss well and taste for seasoning.
- * If you don't make your own mayonnaise, you might want to add some smoked paprika, and red pepper to the potato salad.