Leftover mashed potatoes make scrumptious crispy potato cakes.
- 2 cups left over mashed potatoes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 TBSP canola oil
- In a bowl beat egg, mix in mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup panko, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shape the potato mixture into 4 patties. Coat the patties in the remaining 1/2 cup panko.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until golden brown, on each side.