This is a great “leftovers” recipe. I used potatoes that I had mashed with cream and butter and they turned out so light in this dish. For the filling I used leftover green beans and bacon, but asparagus or even broccoli (cut up in small pieces) would work. And of course any pork product you choose – bacon, pancetta, ham…..it’s all good.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 3/4 cup cooked green beans,asparagus, or broccoli
- 3/4 cup cooked mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon (or use ham or pancetta or sausage)
- Heat oven to 350°
- Mix potatoes and next 5 ingredients together.
- Spread 1/2 of the potato mixture in the bottom of a greased baking pan.
- Top with green beans, mushrooms, and bacon.
- Spread the rest of the potatoes over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until heated through and the edges are starting to brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.