Shoulder roast is on sale, so obviously a good time to make a slow cooker meal! If you want to push this over the top, serve the roast with its juice on Cheese Grits. Tomorrow I’ll give you a leftover beef slider recipe. If you don’t want to make pot roast, you could always cut the roast into strips and make Oven Steak, or cube it up and make Beef Stew.
- Olive oil
- Beef roast, room temperature for about an hour
- Salt and pepper
- Potatoes, white and sweet
- Onions, at least 3, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- Carrots, thick slices
- Frankly Delicious seasoning (or other all purpose seasoning)
- Granulated garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Beef broth
- Red wine (or beer would be good too)
- Heat oil in a large skillet, salt and pepper the meat, and brown on both sides.
- While that's happening put some of your veges in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour in a little broth. Sprinkle veges with seasoning, and garlic powder. Add bay leaves.
- When meat has browned, place on top of veges in slow cooker.
- Deglaze pan with broth or wine to pick up all the little bits. Pour over meat. Season meat and place rest of veges on top. Pour wine and broth in slow cooker to just come up to the bottom of the meat.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until fork tender.