For me, this recipe is all about fall flavors, and comfort food. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. For sure, it will be on the meal rotation in our kitchen until spring.
Pork, Sauerkraut, and Apples
- 1 (14.5 oz) can sauerkraut, including juice
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 sliced green apples
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 large carrots, cut in medium pieces
- 2 -4 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 lb pork roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup broth and/ or wine
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, layer 1/2 of the sauerkraut, 1/2 of the onion, 1/2 of the apples, 1/2 the potatoes, 1/2 the carrots, and sprinkle 1/2 of the caraway seeds.
- Brown the roast on top of the stove and place on top.
- Layer the remaining ingredients on top and around the roast.
- Pour in broth.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.