I used thinly slice center cut pork chops for this recipe, but you could easily use thinly sliced chicken or turkey breast. It’s simple, fast, and delicious.
Try different pestos and cheeses to create your own favorite.
- Thin slices of pork loin
- Basil pesto
- Oaxaca cheese pieces*
- Salt and pepper, Frankly Delicious, or other all purpose seasoning
- 2-3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- White wine
- Lay out the slices of pork. On each slice, smear a little pesto, then lay on a piece of cheese.
- Roll-up and secure with toothpick.
- Mix flour with seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Dust each roll with flour.
- Saute until brown on each side.
- Add a little wine and/or broth to pan, cover and simmer until just cooked through (not more than a minute or two).
- * Oaxaca cheese is pretty neutral tasting and usually is in "rope" formation, kind of like string cheese.