We got hungry for picadillo this week, but instead of using beef, we used lots of leftover pork. It’s a delicious way to have a bit of Spain, at home. Try it, for a yummy way to spice up taco night.
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked pork, diced (or use 2 lbs raw ground pork)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 TBSP granulated garlic powder
- 1 TBSP granulated onion powder
- 1 TBSP dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 TBSP cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Heat oil in large skillet. Stir in pork, bell pepper, and next 7 ingredients. Cook until pepper starts to soften and pork begins to brown.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, olives, and raisins. Cook covered for 20-30 minutes until meat is tender, and mixture is thick.
- Serve with tortillas and cilantro, or with rice and beans.
- I added some cooked corn to the mixture.