When you make Poached Pears, make a couple extra halves, for Poached Pear salad. Whether it’s just for you, or for company, it’s a delicious side dish, or light supper.
- 3 cups salad greens
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts,* crushed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or quartered dried figs
- 6-8 oz blue cheese, crumbled or Parmesan chunk, shaved (with a potato peeler)
- 4 poached pear halves
- 1-2 TBSP poached pear reduction syrup
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar or fig infused vinegar*
- 6 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, place greens, nuts, and cranberries.
- In a small bowl whisk together syrup and vinegar, then drizzle in oil while continuing to whisk.
- Right before serving toss the dressing with the greens.
- Serve up 4 plates with salad, top with cheese and place one pear half on the side. Enjoy!
- Note: * To toast walnuts or pecans, place the nuts in a dry pan on medium heat, stir frequently until slightly brown, turn onto a plate to cool. *Alessi makes Fig Infused Vinegar and HEB has ordered it for me in the past.