Some people don’t eat soup in the summer. I’m not one of those people. A client asked me to make a simple potato soup. There’s something very comforting about potato soup, and you’ll love how light and delicious this one is.
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 3-4 potatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add oil, butter, onion, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Slowly add broth and milk while stirring.
- Add potatoes, garlic powder, and salt. Stir frequently until thickened and potatoes are cooked.
- Stir in cream and continue cooking until soup just starts to simmer.
- Grab a bowl and spoon, you don't need anything else.
- If you want extras, try these: carrots cooked with the potatoes, grated cheese, ham, or bacon.