This will definitely be my “go to” leftover mashed potato dish, it’s incredible. Sometimes I use my regular mashed potatoes, and sometimes I do a mash with sour cream, butter, and cream cheese. It’s a better presentation, if the potatoes are tighter and a bit chunky mash.
- 5-6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- 2 cups pimento cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Amounts of each ingredient are really optional and strictly to your taste. At home, I make a bit leaner version than for the hunters at the lodge!
- If you use bacon, it can be mixed with the potatoes or the pimento cheese.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spread mashed potatoes in greased casserole dish.
- Top with pimento cheese.
- Mix panko and parmesan together. Spread on top of cheese.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Other optional ingredients: chopped chives (or tops of green onions) and sautéed mushrooms