Need something delicious, cool, and easy for you or guests, then pickle some shrimp! For a fabulous bite, top a wheat cracker or cucumber slice with cream cheese or Boursin cheese and a pickled shrimp. To accompany pickled shrimp try: mix lettuce, avocado, hard boiled egg slices, or marinated artichoke hearts.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 TBSP Old Bay Seasoning
- Thin slices of half a lemon
- 1⁄2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp coriander seed (optional)
- 1⁄8 tsp ground allspice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of the other 1/2 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup packed cilantro or parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp crushed red chile flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 12 dried bay leaves
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Toss shrimp, Old Bay, and lemon slices together. Set in fridge for about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2-4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil. Sauté shrimp until just done.
- Toss shrimp with the rest of the ingredients. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt or Old Bay if needed. Place in jar, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with slices of hardboiled egg or avocado.
- Top a wheat cracker or slice of cucumber with cream cheese and a pickled shrimp.