Hunting season is screaming toward me, and I want some new recipes for the lodge. Pickled sausage and eggs is a front runner for snacks. The guys always appreciate good bar food!
Pickled Sausages and Eggs
- 10-14 oz smoked sausage, boiled and cut into 2" pieces
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 TBSP picklng spice
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp Chipotle Tabasco
- 1 TBSP crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- Place sausage and eggs in jar, being careful not to split the eggs.
- Combine all other ingedients in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While still hot, carefully pour over eggs and sausage until the jar is full.
- Refrigerate. Let set 2-3 days, before serving.