In my quest to use all edibles in the yard, I just read an article about pickling purslane. Pickles are like a food group for me, particularly in the summer. I made these like my quick pickles, and they’re delicious. You can use pickle juice that you’ve saved, but add extra coriander seed.
- 1 TBSP kosher salt
- 1 large clove garlic, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp pickling spice
- 1/2 tsp whole coriander seed
- 2 sprigs fresh dill, or use a tsp of dried dill
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 TBSP white vinegar
- Tender sprigs of purslane
- Sliced onions (optional)
- Place all ingredients in jar. Fill with water to 1/4" of rim. Place top on jar, and place in fridge.
- Taste after 2 days, and correct seasoning. Make sure you keep them stored in the fridge.