Make this a bold and delectable liquid, leave it in the fridge, and add blanched vegetables to it, or if you’re making kale or collards, drizzle it on cooked greens. Either way, it’s a fabulous taste sensation.
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 TBSP chopped ginger
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp whole fennel seed
- 3/4 tsp celery seed
- 3/4 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp dill seed
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- In a medium saucepan, stir together vinegar, sugar, and salt. Simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Add ginger and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in onion powder and next 4 ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in garlic and red pepper.
- Let liquid cool. Strain.
- I added sliced carrots that had been blanched. They were ready to eat later in the day. Also, the liquid is delicious drizzled on cooked greens.